Monday 26 October 2009

Keith

I have just finished watching the movie Keith for the, what? I don't know, fifth time? I don´t know what's with me and this movie, but it is just so special for me.

When people ask me what this movie is about and I tell them: ´Well, its about this perfetc girl...and this geeky guy..` I can't help but think, every time, that I'm letting the movie down. Because this movie is so much more, or at least that is how i see it. But you just have to watch it because if more is revealed, then the film will be spoilt for you.

For me- and this is all my humble opinion- this movie manages to get what could be considered even a cliché setting (my summary) and give it a twist of 360 degrees, creating something completely original and refreshing.

When i first saw this movie I couldn't believe my eyes when Jesse McCartney disappeared from my sight and became this amazingly raw person that Keith is. You spend most of the film hoping for him not to be a psycho because, even though he seems crazy, you can't help but love him.

I never thought that I would write about a film in my blog, but it just seemed right. For me, this film is simple, yes, but at the same time so deep. Every single detail matters for the bigger picture and, at the end, it is even slightly depressing.

It's hard talking about it.

If you are bored and have nothing to do, watch it. If you already have, tell me what you think. Maybe you think I'm reading too much into it. Maybe you hated it.

But maybe, just maybe, this movie is so special for you as it is for me.


Kipa

No comments:

Post a Comment