Monday 10 May 2010

Because we're all broken enough to be humble

I am not confident.
I know I am smart, but not in the ways that count.
I read people much better than books but I never have the words to explain my findings.
I'm only as funny as I feel,
And I do not think I'm pretty.
I sometimes walk with my head down.
My posture is terrible.
I think horrible things about people and I let my emotions get the best of me.
I'm really not as nice as I'd like to be,
Or as innocent as you'd think I am.
I am a perfectionist.
I am a contradiction  to everything I want to stand for.
I'm a big dreamer with little motivation.
I am really no good at all on my own.
But I am analytical with myself.
And I don't understand how anyone could ever be cocky or proud when they are aware of all the disgusting things that they think and do but no one knows.
We're all broken enough to be humble.












(Unfortunately, not my words)












Kipa

1 comment:

  1. part of our humanity is our fragility. It's okay to be a bit broken.

    ReplyDelete